Do you ever get invited to a party where you are supposed to bring a dish, but you don’t know what to bring? Have you ever been invited to a party, but misjudged how much time you’ll have to prepare food? Don’t buy something pre-made at the grocery store, because it’s quick and easy! Instead, win everyone over with the best cowboy caviar they’ll ever try! This recipe involves no cooking, and minimal prep, and it is the yummiest recipe you can throw together in less than 15 minutes!
Please note: While the recipe included says canned corn, feel free to do what I did and use fresh corn! Boil the corn for about 15-20 minutes in salt water (time depending on how many cobs you have), then slice the corn off the cob. Fresh is always best!
See how easy this Cowboy Caviar recipe is? Dice, chop and mix!
If you do choose to use fresh corn, mix the ingredients while the corn is still warm. This will result in the avocado softening, almost to the point of melting. This coats all of the other ingredients with a creamy and delicious avocado taste!
The Best Cowboy Caviar
- 2 Jalepeños Seeds removed and diced
- 2 Bell Peppers Red, Yellow, Green or Orange; Seeds removed and diced
- 1 Red Onion Diced
- 1 cup Cilantro Finely Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice Fresh, Preferably
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 oz can Black Eyed Peas Drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans Drained and rinsed
- 2 Avocados Chopped
- 1 11 oz can Corn Drained
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips For Serving
- Prepare ingredients (chop and dice).
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, jalepeños, bell peppers, red onion, black eyed peas, black beans, and corn.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, sugar, red wine vinegar, pepper, garlic powder, and lime juice.
- Pour liquid mixture over other ingredients and mix.
- Dip a chip and enjoy!
Like this appetizer recipe, but really want to wow the crowd with two appetizers? Check out these simple bacon-wrapped jalepeño poppers!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Here are a few items that will help make the preparation of this dish easier: