It’s no secret- I have a bad sweet tooth (I bet my family is laughing saying “oh yeah”). Surprisingly, I very rarely bake. Baking consists of too much exactness for me. If you know me, I like to ‘wing it’ and bring out my creative side when it comes to cooking. Fortunately for those like me, this simple sugar cookie recipe is as easy as can be.
Simple Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 3 sticks Unsalted butter (Softened)
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar (+ 1 cup extra for cookie coating)
- 3 cups Flour (Sifted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift flour into bowl, mix in baking powder and salt.
- Place softened butter and sugar in mixer. Use flat beater to cream together butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy (5 minutes).
- Turn mixer on low, and add eggs and vanilla extract. Scrape the bowl, and mix again for 30 seconds.
- Pour the extra sugar into a ball. Scoop out the cookie dough and roll into 1 inch balls. Roll the cookie dough balls into the sugar, making sure each side is coated.
- Place cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Dip a small glass in sugar, then press down on each cookie ball until 1/3 inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown (11 minutes at most). Remove and cool completely.
By request from my little monsters, I made them some ‘Hulk’ cookies.
Here are some kitchen items that will help you make this delicious dessert:
What is your favorite type of cookie?
Like this recipe? Need a simple dinner idea? Try this slow cooker Santa Fe chicken and rice bowl!