For DAYS I had been trying to create the best cinnamon rolls. Like, the kind you would want to make the family for Christmas morning. I’ve said before, I don’t like to measure. I also have no patience, and if a recipe has too many instructions, count me out. When it comes to baking, I have no shame in buying pre-made or boxed ingredients, for these reasons. I wouldn’t take it over to the fam, though! But, I’ve finally done it! I’ve created a super simple cinnamon roll recipe that will give you bragging rights, because this non-boxed masterpiece was made right in your kitchen! Here is my easy copycat Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.
To start, a few tips:
- If you have a food thermometer, bust it out!
- Pre-heat your oven before you start to make the dough- I use this as my warm spot to let dough rise.
- ‘Proof’ the yeast aka make sure your yeast is working properly and foams!
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper
- Use an empty water bottle to suck the egg yolk from the egg white (It’s important not to use too much egg white, because it will dry out the dough!)
Ps. My husband literally couldn’t stop repeating “Oh my god! How did you do this? This is Cinnabon!” 😉
Pps. While attempting to capture these images, my daughter, Bailee, kept licking off all the icing.
Need some of the kitchen tools I used above? You can find them below!