A couple of years ago, I posted this recipe for Cowboy Caviar. Unfortunately, I hadn’t made it in years. So, I was determined to make it again. While the concept is still the same, I changed a few items on my list to make this Cowboy Caviar II recipe better than before.
Please note: I added ingredients that may have made the recipe too spicy for children. In my previous recipe, it is more suitable for those who enjoy a little bit more kick. However, that was my first adjustment with this recipe. I want to ensure this recipe is enjoyed by all!
Cowboy Caviar II
- 1 Jalepeño Seeds removed and diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Seeds removed & Chopped
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Seeds removed & Chopped
- 1 Red Onion Diced
- 1 Red Beefsteak Tomato Chopped
- 1 Cilantro Finely Chopped
- 1 Lime Squeezed
- 1 15 oz can Black Eyed Peas Drained & Rinsed
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans Drained & Rinsed
- 3 Avocados Diced
- 1 can Corn Drained
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Bag Tortilla chips
- Prepare ingredients (chop and dice).
- In a bowl, combine tomato, cilantro, avocados, jalepeño, bell peppers, red onion, black eyed peas, black beans, and corn.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, sugar, red wine vinegar, pepper, garlic powder, and lime juice.
- Pour liquid mixture over other ingredients and mix.
- Set in refrigerator or dip a chip and enjoy immediately!
Also to note in this recipe, you can use canned or fresh corn. I prefer fresh corn, but if corn isn’t in season or you can’t find it at the store, canned works, just as well. You can also heat up frozen corn, however, I recommend letting it cool, prior to mixing with the other ingredients. If the corn is warm, it may melt the avocado. It will still taste delicious, but you wont get the yummy chunks of avocado.
Last but not least, I recommend eating with tortilla chips, but you can also eat this on a salad. If you eat this a different way, leave a comment and tell me how you enjoyed it – I would love to try it that way myself!
Below are a few products I would recommend. These can help with making or preserving the dish!
Like this recipe? Here is another recipe that you may like!