Easy peasy, and extra cheesy! That should be my tagline, because I’m not a fan of difficult. I don’t have time for it! Plus, I love cheese. Makes sense, right? I’m also a snacker. Even though I love breakfast food, the only meal I really eat is dinner. Otherwise, I’m snacking allll day. So, this cheesy spinach artichoke dip is perfect for all of you who are like me! It’s beyond simple, most ingredients may already be in your kitchen, and it’s quick.
Personally, I always think it’s good to have condiments and seasonings on-hand. I know I’ll use them and they don’t spoil quickly. With this recipe, the only things I had to buy at the store were the spinach, artichoke hearts and Romano cheese. I already had everything else, so this was probably one of the most convenient appetizer I’ve ever made.
To make it a “cheesy” spinach artichoke dip, I wanted to add more cheese, and that’s where the Romano came in. I think it gave it a little more flavor than just adding parmesan and mozzarella alone. Just a little heads up, Romano cheese stinks. I swear it’s good, though!
Another thing- I already had shredded mozzarella and parmesan packaged cheese. For certain recipes, I wouldn’t recommend using pre-shredded cheese. It contains cellulose. That is an additive that keeps the cheese from sticking together. This means the cheese may not bind to the other ingredients in a recipe. The cheese also may not have the best texture when cooked. I didn’t have a problem with it when making the spinach artichoke dip. However, I wanted to give everyone a heads up, especially if you are sensitive to textures. So, if you want to take a few more minutes to prep, I suggest shredding your own cheese, but you don’t have to (and it may not make much of difference for this specific recipe).
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened (1 package)
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 14 oz Artichoke Hearts chopped (1 can)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Spinach thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a small baking dish with olive oil or butter
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, romano cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Fold artichoke hearts and spinach into mixture.
- Transfer to baking dish. Top with rest of mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
I paired the cheesy artichoke dip with bagel chips, but it would be with practically any chip. You could also make a meal with it, by stuffing it in chicken!
What do you think about this recipe? Do you think it’s easy?