Conveniently one day, I was craving edamame. I decided to go ahead and grab a bag of frozen edamame (green soybeans) from the store and test it out with some spices. Holy cow! I ended up stumbling on an easy, delicious, healthy, and GREEN snack. What makes this recipe even better is that my kids LOVED it. They loved it so much that it was difficult to even get some snaps of the edamame. There are only three instructions, and it’s now our go-to snack! So, here is this quick-and-easy spiced edamame recipe!
Warning: THESE ARE ADDICTIVE!
Quick-and-Easy Spiced Edamame Recipe
- 1 tbsp kosher salt *add more salt, if needed*
- 1 bag frozen edamame green soybeans (in the pod)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Boil edamame in salted water until edamame is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain in colander, then place in bowl.
- Add spices and toss, until edamame is evenly coated.
As always, add as much extra spice as you want. I keep it mild and salty for the kiddos, but they are great when you add a little bit of a kick!
Ps. Soybeans are a GREAT source of protein, and this is a perfect snack for someone who is vegan, vegetarian or pregnant!
Like this recipe? Here are some items that will help you make it: