If you have been on Pinterest lately, Instant Pot, or pressure cooker, recipes are taking over! Why? Because Instant Pot’s are SO fast and easy! I’ve always been a huge fan of the slow cooker, because the food is so tender. I finally decided to make the plunge, because we needed a new slow cooker anyway and bought this 8 quart Instant Pot. The food is just as tender and delicious, AND it’s made in minutes rather than hours! My first experiment was an Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potato casserole. Between me, my dad and the kids, it didn’t stand a chance! It was a perfect side dish, and would be a great idea for a party! Check out the recipe and let me know what you think!
Instant Pot Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 5 lbs red potatoes (Cubed; Skin optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ranch seasoning mix
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 slices Cooked bacon ((or bacon crumbles))
- 1 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 bunch green onion
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cube potatoes (Remove skin, if desired).
- Place cubed potatoes, water, salt, pepper and 1 stick of butter in Instant Pot.
- Press “pressure cook” and add 6 minutes to the timer. Make sure the Instant Pot is on “high pressure”, and that the release valve is turned towards “sealing”. It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to warm up.
- Wait until the timer has completed the 6 minute countdown, then do the quick release to relieve pressure. BE VERY CAREFUL! The air released will be VERY hot!
- Once pressure is released, remove lid. Add butter and milk.
- Mix potatoes and other ingredients with an electric hand mixer or a potato masher.
- Add sour cream and ranch mix. Mix well.
- Fold in half shredded cheese, half green onion and half bacon crumbles.
- Place mixture in baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onion.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted, golden and bubbly!
*PS. I like my cheese browned, but feel free to take it out earlier. The cheese wasn’t crispy by any means, rather it was stringy!*
How easy is that? No waiting 45 minutes+ to bake a potato! No plain mashed potatoes! Creamy, loaded and oh so cheesy!!
Like this side dish? Check out another I love here!
Here are some items that will help you make this dish!