Scrunchies, denim overalls, and chokers may be in again, but I’m bringing the food of the 90’s back with homemade hamburger helper! As a twin mom, tasks take a little longer, and become a little harder. So, I’m all about easy and quick recipes. This one is no different-another one of my minimal effort, delicious meals! I should also mention that it is so much better than the real thing, and it’s budget friendly!
A few tips for this recipe:
- Stir occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- You can add more seasoning, if you’d like. My seasoning is a guideline, most of the time I eyeball it!
Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Beef stock
- 2 cups Elbow pasta
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef. Drain the beef, if there is liquid, then add seasonings. Add the onion, and cook until translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, milk, beef stock. Mix, then add elbow pasta. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
Anyone else feeling nostalgic, with this hamburger helper recipe? What food of the 90’s do you miss?
Like this recipe? Check out some simple recipes I love!
Here are some items to help you make this easy and delicious meal:
Leave a Reply