Chocolate chip muffins are a classic, quick and easy breakfast. Eat them with coffee, tea, water or milk – it doesn’t matter, because it is all good. These homemade chocolate chip muffins are great for kids and adults. They are simple, quick to make, moist and even make a great snack. Whether you are at home, going camping or having a get-together, these are easy to keep stored, and easy to travel with (check out the carrier at the end of the blog)!
A few tips for making muffins:
- If you want tall muffin tops, fill the muffin tins all the way to the top.
- If you want regular tops, fill the muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Don’t over mix!
- Use liners to make the outside of the muffins softer.
- Without liners, the edges will be crispy. This is all personal preference.
- Use miniature chocolate chips (bigger chips will sink to the bottom).
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients - egg, milk and oil.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
What is your favorite breakfast item? Do you have a favorite muffin flavor? I’m a sucker for any muffins and cheesy omelets! I could eat them at any time of day!
Here are some items that may help you bake these delicious treats:
Like this recipe? Here is another baked recipe you may like: Chocolate Crescents
Leave a Reply