Cheesy Bacon Ranch Baked Potato Casserole. I know- it’s a mouthful. But, just calling this ‘Baked Potato casserole’ or a twice baked potato casserole wouldn’t do it justice! Melted cheddar cheese and real chunks of bacon with ranch flavored potatoes takes the baked potato up a few notches.
Just like most of my recipes, this was pure experimental. I even walked into the living room, and asked my husband, “Want to experiment with dinner tonight?”. And, yes, my poor (lucky) husband is the taste tester of all my experiments. But, fortunately for him, I nailed this recipe the first try!
In this recipe, I used thick cut bacon. You can use this to replicate my exact recipe, use another bacon cut, or use the precooked bacon bits. Personally, I recommend cooking your own bacon, so you can get it to the desired crispiness. Also, keep in mind that after it being cooked, it’ll be in the oven, making it cook more.
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Baked Potato Casserole
- 1 package Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 stick Salted Butter Melted
- 1 Ranch Packet
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Green Onion Chopped
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook chopped bacon. Drain grease, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over potatoes-ensuring each poke reaches the middle of the potato. Line potatoes on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and cube potatoes into even pieces. Add potato cubes to a baking dish.
- In a bowl, melt butter, then whisk in the ranch packet. Mix until clumps have dissolved. Pour ranch/butter mix evenly over potatoes. Add half of the bacon bits to the potatoes, then sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Top with remaining bacon and green onion.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees. Return potatoes to oven, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Use sour cream for garnish.
See all that cheesy goodness?! Sour cream is completely optional, but I think it made this Cheesy Bacon Ranch Baked Potato Casserole over-the-top amazing!
Want to make this dish? Here are some things you may need:
Like this recipe? Here is another recipe you may enjoy!
Leave a Reply