My husband was scrolling on Instagram, and watched one of those Buzzfeed Tasty videos. He was dead-set on having stuffed chicken for dinner, so I decided to make my own version of the recipe from Tasty. These broccoli cheddar chicken rollups are a good amount of work, but they are amazing, and totally worth it!
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Rollups
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put breadcrumbs in a bowl
- Cut broccoli florets in small pieces
- Chop broccoli in food processor for 1 minute
- Put broccoli in a small bowl, and microwave for 1 minute
- Butterfly chicken breast, place plastic wrap over chicken, and tenderize by beating with a mallet or rolling pin until flat and thin
- Mix broccoli, cheddar cheese and cream cheese
- Put the mixture on top of each chicken breast
- Roll each chicken breast
- Use tongs to dip each chicken breast roll into egg wash, flour then breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken breasts into baking dish
- Pour the melted butter on top of chicken rolls
- Add a pinch extra cheddar cheese onto top of chicken breasts
- Bake the broccoli cheddar chicken rollups for 30 mins at 350 degrees (adjust cooking time according to amount and size of chicken breasts).
To see the video instructions, go to my instagram story highlights.
Love this recipe, but don’t have enough time to make it? Check out another delicious chicken recipe that is easy and fast!
Don’t have the tools needed to make this broccoli cheddar rollup dish? Purchase them below through Amazon: