The other day I was at work, and I was having difficulty finding inspiration for dinner. I’m the cook of the house, so when I’m going to work, it’s easiest to have dinner planned the day before. Sometimes, it’s pretty unrealistic to do that. So the days I work, I look for something quick. My coworker told me that her family will do an occasional appetizer night, and suggested we try it out, which is brilliant! Who doesn’t love a bunch of appetizers?! A lot of appetizers are also incredibly easy to make, which is perfect for work nights. I put together my own recipe for my favorite appetizer: bacon-wrapped jalepeño poppers. These are so simple and delicious, and take no time at all!
Bacon-Wrapped Jalepeño Poppers
- 12 Jalepeños
- 1 package bacon
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Allow cream cheese to soften
- Cut jalepeños in half lengthwise; Removing seeds (I also remove stems, so I can “pop” the whole jalepeño in my mouth!)
- Cut slices of cream cheese
- Fill jalepeño halves with cream cheese
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each jalepeño half (I start from the bottom of the jalepeño and work my way up to the top.)
- Align jalepeños onto baking sheet
- Bake at least 15 minutes, or until desired crispiness of bacon
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness
- If using larger jalepeños, account for the amount of cream cheese and bacon needed
Incredibly easy, right? If you want more flavor, mix the cream cheese with another cheese of your choosing (sharp cheddar is a fave!).
So tell me-What’s your favorite appetizer? What extra cheese would you add to these jalepeño poppers?
Here are some cooking tools that will help make the process easier:
Having difficulty deciding what’s for dinner? Here is another simple, yet delicious recipe that I love!