Sorry, all-I’m no food photographer, but I sure do love to cook! One of my recent favorite creations is this fresh tomato, basil and mozzarella stuffed chicken. It’s incredibly easy and fast to make. Not to mention, it is so delicious! I’ve made it twice in the last two weeks, because it really is that good!
- 1 pack Fresh Basil
- 6 oz. Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Fresh Tomato
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Remove stems from Basil
- Slice tomato
- Slice mozzarella
- Tenderize chicken
- Make slits horizontally across chicken breast (You’ll want at least 3 or more slits per, depending on how large the breast is)
- Stuff one piece of mozzarella, one slice of tomato, and one basil leaf (two, if the leaves are small) into slit
- Lay flat in bakeware
- Drizzle olive oil across each chicken breast
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning liberally on each chicken breast
- Bake for 25 mins at 425 degrees. I like my mozzarella to be a little browned on top, so I usually bake my chicken for an extra 5 minutes- 30 minutes, in total. Adjust cooking time according to weight to yield juicy, tender chicken!
Serve with a baby Spring Mix salad, asparagus or whatever your heart desires, because this chicken goes with everything!
Here are some cooking products and utensils that will help make the process a little easier:
Note: The quantity for cheese, basil and tomatoes depend on how many chicken breasts you make